020 31 37 64 62
Online Accounting. Real Support.

Can I claim my rent as a company expense?

If you are renting accommodation away from home in order to perform your contract / business duties you may be able to claim the costs as a business expense.

Please note that you cannot claim this expense if the accommodation is your main home.  For example:

  • your family should be based elsewhere
  • you only stay in the accommodation for the days that you are working
  • you return to your main home at the weekends

If you are in any doubt please ask us for advice.

If you are sure this is an allowable expense then in addition to the rental costs you can claim for the associated bills such as electricity, gas, council tax but not water rates.